Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Ellie!

She is officially 3! She's been awaiting this day for a long time, telling us that when she 'gets bigger, bigger, she can get a princess bike'! The day before her birthday, she was doing some quiet time in her room, and I heard her singing "Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me" to herself! She was just a little excited! Thursday morning we made her pink pancakes and she blew candles out of her pancakes. Grandpa and Grandma Johnson took us out to a new kids cafe for lunch where she got her favorite hot dog! Thursday night, we took her to Disney on Ice, Princess Wishes...which she just loved. When it was getting close to the end, she looked at me with a very worried look on her face, and said, "I need to watch it again..(about 4 times)! Sat. night we had a family get-together to eat her princess cake. It was my first attempt at making this kind of cake, and with the help of my mom, it worked out! I just love my Ellie Rose!

Addilyn had just as much fun as Ellie, eating the wrapping paper!

Grandma & Grandpa Johnson, we love you! We sure do miss Grandma & Grandpa Residori serving their mission in Korea, but we'll see you in 6 months!

Addilyn & Grandpa....he sure loves to cuddle!

8 comments:

Megan R. said...

very impressed with the cake. It looks amazing! I'm glad Ellie had a good birthday. I also love the picture of Matt playing hockey. it makes me laugh, How many more games do they have left we should get a group of us and go.

Leanne said...

your dad looks like he's in heaven, just "eating" up his Grandkids, Marcus always thought he would actually eat him. :)

Anonymous said...

Heath the cake looks awesome! Wish I could be their but I'm excited for Easter!

Alisha Johnson said...

How adorable... I just love your little girls. That cake looks so great! Ellie looks so happy. :)

If you'd like to see our family blog, send your email address to xiefamily06@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite!

Gilly Funk said...

I just tried to write a comment and it didn't work, so if this shows up twice I'm sorry.

I can't believe you made that cake, it seriously looks soooo good. I bet she just had the best day ever! You guys did tons of fun stuff. What is the kids cafe?

Addilyn is looking so much like her big sister in those pics.

Gilly Funk said...

Are you going to come to Krissa's modbe party so I can see you when I come down?

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

oh my stinkin cute pics! Addilyn is getting so big...when does she turn one, this summer right??? Your cake turned out great!!!

Mark said...

Your Family is so cute. Hope all Is going well for you all. Happy birthday Ellie.