Monday, May 12, 2008

Ellie's insights...

It's been a while! I don't really know why I've taken such a long break, I think it's like scrapbooking...you get behind then feel so overwhelmed you don't even want to bother! I just wanted to post a few things that Ellie has said the last couple days that have really hit me.
She has a friend that lives behind us, and she saw her outside yesterday with her dad as we were getting ready to go to church. She wanted to play with her, but she knew we were going to church, so she asked her if she was going to church...and why not? Anyway, they had this whole conversation about it, and then that was it. So on the way to gymnastics today, we were passing our church building, and Ellie says, "Mommy, I wish Jared would bring Emily and Parker to church." I was pretty surprised, and asked her why. "Because it makes me sad that Emily doesn't come to church." I couldn't believe that a three year old would think that way. It just goes to show that they know what the spirit feels like and that that's where you're supposed to be. So, we decided we're going to invite Emily this week to go with us.
Another quick experience is that Taylor, my little brother became an Elder a week ago, and we were there while he received the Melchizedek Priesthood. We had a talk about the priestood and why Taylor was getting that blessing. Friday, Addilyn woke up sick and had thrown up a couple times. Ellie looked at Matthew and said, Daddy, maybe we should use the priesthood to make her better! Isn't it just like a child to remind us of the simple truths!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Wow! You're teaching your girls really well! Out of the mouth of babes. Too cute. Love the pictures too!