Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th!


We had a very fun fourth of july this year. We started the day out at the parade, we had great seats (thanks Allens!) After the parade, we came home and relaxed with naps.....Then we went to the Matheson's for a yummy BBQ & some fireworks. I don't think there's anything I love more than all the great food that comes with the 4th! We were explaining to Ellie the whole reason behind the 4th, and how it's basically a great big birthday party for America..and she thought for a minute then told us that curious george needed to come to her birthday party. (there was a great big one at the parade!) It was pretty funny. Happy birthday America!


We had fun watching some little fireworks with cousins, although Ellie sure wasn't a fan. I keep thinking she'll get over it, but she's a very timid and cautious girl so she was still pretty nervous when it came to the fireworks....even sparklers. The whole time she kept telling me that she just doesn't like fireworks! I guess you can't force a kid to like 'em!


Ellie spent most of the time on Grandpa's lap hiding and making him cover her ears because they were too loud!

We caught a smile! :)

12 comments:

joelle said...

adorable 4th of july outfits! I love them! no I don't know any specifics about the brinkerhoff reunion...I was told that it was pretty informal... but I will talk to my mom tomorrow. She should know more about it. were you guys thinking about coming? It would be great to see you guys!

Leanne said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! I ran out of energy and money dressing my kids cute for the 4th, you'll see when you have four, but your girls are adorable!!! I love Ellie's reaction to the fire works, Lydia was terrified of them two years ago, I bet Grandpa Richard was eating it UP!!! I love your family pictures, we've got to get ours done, I'm kind of waiting for the kid's hair to grow out,(the boys shaved heads, and Lydia's Short du). But anyway, I totally wanted to do blue and brown, and I haven't really seen anyone do it, but your family pic made me excited, it looks so cute!

Megan R. said...

we are going to have to join you guys next year for the parade. We have never done that. We should all get together around the 24th and do fireworks. I can't believe how big adie is getting. I love the picture matt took of ellie that night with the judds

Anonymous said...

Heather, I'm sad we didn't get to see you on the fourth! Their outfits are way cute like everyone has said, and I absolutely LOVE the picture of Addie and the flag! It's perfect! Bring on the pedicures! Yipee!

The Allen Family said...

So fun and your girls are so cute! Thanks for being such great friends, we sure do love you guys.

Jocelyn said...

Ellie is absolutely adorable in these pictures. glad you guys had a happy 4th!

The Hansen Family said...

I have been wondering about you guys ever since we moved out of that old ward in Orem! I'm so excited you have a blog! I can't believe how big Ellie has gotten! And now you have TWO! Congratulations! It really is so good to see you guys! I'm totally adding you to our blog list! Check ours out too if you want!

Emma

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

Hey! LOVE the pics you took of your family. And that picture of Ellie is so sweet. I miss you! We really need to get together soon!

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

I love your family pic with the blue and brown! You look so pretty heather! And of course Matt looks nice too:) But those girls are so stinkin cute! Dont you just love little girls...
And where did you get their 4th of July shirts? i love them...I LOVE red white and blue!

Mark said...

The Pictures are so dang cute I love reading about your family. Looks like all is well we need to see you before you hove 8 children

Gilly Funk said...

I love love love 4th of July. Cute pictures! JJ is the same way with fireworks, you just want them to be so excited about them and it stinks when they cry the whole time and are scared.

Kate said...

This is Kate Carter. I found your blog through Krissa's. I love your girls fun shirts for the 4th they are so cute. I recently started a blog it is kmcfamily.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.