What a day! We sure packed a whole lot into one little day, but it was a lot of fun. I often feel unprepared and tend to underpack when it comes to my kids and what we need for the day. Among everything else I forgot, I forgot the camera so no pictures were taken of our crazy day. I started the day at 5:30 going on an 8 mile run with my friend, which was so nice. I've been running by myself since I hurt my leg so it was nice to have company and someone to push me! Then we went up to Orem for breakfast with my parent's ward. After that, we went up the canyon and hiked to Stewart Falls. It's such a nice hike, and was fun to spend time with my family.
It was a nice thing to do on Pioneer day because I was reminded of the HUGE sacrifice they went through to get us here to Utah. I only had 2 kids, family to help and it was only 4 miles! I couldn't imagine how those mothers felt at the end of the day. I was able to come home, put my kids in a nice, warm bath and throw our clothes in the washing machine. What a chore the little things were for them, to heat water for baths, to build the fire so they could cook, washing their clothes. How did they have energy for the dancing and games! Not to mention having to set up their beds every night! AHHH! I am sure grateful for what they did for us, and am glad that I live now with all our conveniences. We came home and went to our ward party. I helped plan a little pioneer parade for the kids, where they were supposed to dress up like pioneers, and find the name of one to be. We did a little research, and Ellie became Maryanne Brinkerhoff, a 4 year old who crossed the plains with Matt's ancestors. She was pretty excited about that. They had a fun dunking machine where Ellie was able to dunk Matthew and a bunch of pioneer games.
I forgot to mention that when we were setting up for the parade, Ellie was playing around and started SCREAMING! I have never heard her scream like that. She had been stung by a BEE! I kept asking her how she was, and she kept saying that she was so sad that the bee didn't want her to play with it and hurt her :) Hopefully I remember our camera next time!
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
wow, what a day, an 8 mile run, and then a 4 mile hike, sounds like my kind of day!:) I agree, I have no idea how the pioneers did it, and had all the energy!
Im working on getting back to a 3 mile run! Honestly, I must be in TERRIBLE shape...but Ill get there! Probably not much better than that though! I love the bee sting comment...little girls are so sweet:)
That sounds like such a busy day. I am so glad to hear you could make it 8 miles without your leg killing you. Good job! Seriously.
We sure enjoy your web site. Sorry the camera was not available but you did a great job with words. We look at the site quite often but do not always comment. We are looking forward to our return in October, it will be so great to see you all. Thanks for keeping in touch. Love, Elder & Sister Residori
Hey, Heather! I guess I'm no longer a lurker...
I just had to tell you, I went on a pioneer trek once, and at the end of Day One they said they were going to have a square dance. Everyone was so tired and sore, I thought for sure no one would want to dance. But it was really fun, and uplifting to our spirits -- and the next day, the people who danced weren't a bit sore!
Post a Comment