Friday, August 15, 2008

Addilyn is 1 Year!

12 Things in 12 Months

1. Standing Little Addie will stand and stand and stand. But she won't take a step! She's got great balance and once she decides to take that first step, I'm sure she'll be off. She did the same thing with crawling, just would sit in the position forever, and finally decided she could do it. It's got to be her idea I guess!

2. Crawling She's still not walking, but she sure can get where she wants, pretty darn fast!

3. Teething began at five months, and now she's got 12! She's getting better with the biting, but don't stick your fingers in her mouth or you'll feel all 12! I love the toothy grins!

4. Playing Addie has so much energy, she can't stay still for very long. She loves to play, and loves to play with Ellie the most. Ellie got this kitchen for Christmas, and Addie probably plays in it more! She's always got to be doing something.

5. Swimming is probably where I see her get the most excited. She goes crazy when we're at the pool. She's got no fear about putting her face in the water, she'll crawl right into it!

6. Growing Addie's growing so fast, and everyday I look at her and feel like she's looking different. When she was first born, everyone told me she looked just like her daddy, but I didn't really see it. Once we had this picture though, I could totally see the resemblance. She looked a lot more like Ellie at first too, now she's looking like her own cute little person. She's always been kinda big, growing so fast, but it seems like she's slowing down a little for now!

7. Talking We've had a lot of fun with Addie doing a little bit of sign language. She's got some good signs that she does right now: milk, more, fan, dog, want. It's funny cause she'll do one a lot, then stop doing it, then do it again later. She can say dog, mama, dada, and she said granpa the other day! She waves to everyone she sees and blows kisses to everyone else!

8. Kissing This is Adds blowing a kiss, kinda hard to get on camera. One of my favorite things about this age is their kisses! She loves to give the big, fat, juicy, wet kisses. She's also big on blowing kisses. Every time she waves good bye, she blows kisses too! Love it!

9. Eating Although Addilyn LOVES to eat, she's kind of a picky eater. She has very mature taste buds for a one year old! Unlike every other kid I know, she doesn't really like to snack. She wants REAL food. The tried and true is SPAGHETTI! She could eat it all day every day. She also loves grilled chicken, grilled salmon, corn on the cob, pancakes, and baked potatoes. Instead of taking cheerios to church, I bring the seashell pasta for her to snack on! Once again, kinda like her daddy that way!

10. Whining This picture may be deceiving :). Addie's a pretty content baby, but she's not very patient! If there's something she needs, or isn't happy about, she makes sure to tell you! She'll hold out her arms, clench her fists, and grunt so loudly! It's actually pretty funny cause she can get ticked!

11. Ellie is her obsession! She adores her big sister SO much. If Ellie's not home when she wakes up from her nap, she gets so lonely and will crawl around looking for her. She wants to do everything and be everywhere that Ellie is. Ellie is also such a great big sister. She's getting so patient with having Addie right by her all the time, and loves to make her laugh. What more can a mom want?

12. Loving Despite her little tantrums and whining, Addie is really such a sweetheart! She's not only a great kisser, but she loves to give hugs. I'll pick her up, and she'll put her arms around me and pat me on the back! It's the cutest thing. We're so blessed to have her in our family! Happy Birthday Addilyn! We love you!


3 comments:

Kristi said...

Darling pictures! Happy Birthday Addie

Leanne said...

how cute! Brig is the same way eating, it's so frustrating, cause cheerios won't contain him, he wants food!! Maybe I'll try that pasta at church.:)

Michele said...

That Addie girl is beyond cute! In some of the pictures she reminds me of Karen as a baby, but I think you're right--she's her own cute person! I can't believe she's one already!