




2 weeks ago my Grandpa Johnson passed away. What an incredible man he was. His funeral was on Monday, the 10th. It was an amazing service. Just a few of the amazing things he did during his life: served in the air force and a WW2 Veteran, Boise Idaho temple president, served a mission to Washington, wrote a total of 52 journals, father to 8, grandfather to 72ish and great grandfather to many (the # keeps going up! I believe it's in the 50's or close to). The service was great and I came away with the desire to do so much better so that my posterity can be proud of the person I was.
This was the first time that someone Ellie has known has passed away. I told her after I found out, and sat and talked with her. She cried for a couple mintues, then for the next hour or two just kept saying, 'No, No, Uh huh, No" and I asked her what she meant and she said that she loved her grandpa too much for him to die. She's prayed for him a couple times in her prayers to know that we love him so much. What a sweetheart!
What a great day to celebrate the life of someone we love so much.

2 comments:
Beautiful pictures, Heather. Your entire family is so very loved.
One thing that helped my kids to understand a bit more about death was telling them that now Great-Grandpa is watching over us from heaven. Not just US, but also our future babies! When my grandma died Jessica got to spend 3 days with her before she was born. It was a comfort to me.
Love you guys!
What amazing pictures! He sounds like a truly magnificent man!
Post a Comment