Friday, May 15, 2009

Mother's Day


My little brother Taylor had his farewell on Sunday, so we were with my family all day. He's officially off in the MTC! We're so excited for him. He'll do a great job.
Mother's day was so nice. Matthew made me a yummy breakfast of omelets & chocolate milk. Then we went to a little area by our house and took these pictures of me and the girls. I loved this year because Ellie's actually old enough to understand and she wrote up a cute thing in Preschool about what she loves about her mom! It was so cute, and she was so excited to give it to me. I loved it. My brother Jeremy came in for Taylor's farewell so it was fun to have my family together. We sure missed Erin and the kids, but it was nice to see Jeremy. Ellie couldn't seem to get enough of him. She still talks about his trick where the penny comes out of his ears! Anyway, we had a great weekend full of family. Here's a couple of the pictures we took with me and the girls.

Ellie is loving me having a tummy! Every night she hugs it and kisses it and tells baby "McKenna" how much she loves her! Which is a name we've liked, but Ellie's stuck on it. We'll see!

What a great blessing to be the mom of these two sweet girls!


She's almost 2! I can't believe Addie turns 2 in August. She's acting so old, and has to copy Ellie with EVERYTHING. I'm sure that's normal, but sometimes I can't get over how cute it is!
The last couple of months they've been able to play better together since Addie can kind of communicate. She is a follower, but Ellie's been ok with it most of the time. This last picture is what I came out to after a shower. They were on the blanket, with Ellie singing to Addie and Jasmine on their magic carpet! So so fun!

3 comments:

Kelly and Joe said...

I expect you to get a HUGE picture to hang up of you and the 2 girls...it is so very, very precious!

I am very proud of you, Heather...it would appear that you have learned from all my mistakes when you used to be my nanny!

I love you!

Rachel said...

That is so awesome!!!! I can't believe Taylor is on a mission, WOW!!! Where did he go?

Sarah said...

So cute! I love your dress, it was worth the $$